CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

christmas break.. so nice!

this is kind of a long post.. but i need to catch up. and i'm not even putting our christmas day pictures!
Saxon's birthday was the day after Christmas, the 26th. I made another train cake as he requested, and had a small family party. I think he had fun and he liked his birthday presents a lot!this is the best part, of course! he mostly played with the cake rather than eat it, but that's alright!
St. George Trip
We were lucky enough to go to St. George over Christmas break. We stayed at Chris' grandma's house down there and enjoyed relaxing and hiking and such.
We went on a couple different hikes, and Saxon totally turned into this hardcore hiker on both of them! He seemed totally in his element as he independently climbed up steep rocks and hills and tunnels. He even kind of scared us because he was so confident on those steep cliffs! We all love to hike so we had a great time.made it to the top!I love my nice hiking shoes. I got them a couple years ago and they're still awesome! They are made with the same rubber as rock climbing shoes so they hold me up quite nicely on the rock :)
dixie narrows hike... see saxon?an awesome cloudy dayWe visited a few places in St. George as well, like the visitors center at the temple (which is actually pretty cool) and the art museum... well the outside at least :) here are the boys by the "St. George Dragon"Staying at Chris' grandma's is so nice! what a nice, cheap way to have a vacation. It was so wonderful to get away for a while. we had a great time swimming in the pool there too, and of course a small dip in the hot tub, floaties and all!

OH and one more thing.. I'm sure everyone knows by now, but just to officially post it on the blog.. I'M PREGNANT. 14 weeks now and feeling great!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

I love that cake!! So cute! The licorice is a really good idea to hold everything up there. And the wheels are adorable! I bet he just loved it!! So much fun in St. George. That must have been nice.

Erin Gibbons said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! I was due on July 4th last time, funny. I'm excited for you guys, and glad you're feeling so great! Did you guys end up moving to Seattle? I also love the picture of Saxon on top of the big rock with his arms spread out, you can just see how proud he is of himself! The picture of you on the side of the rock is cool too, and oh yeah, the cake looked awesome! Hope everything goes well for you guys in 2010!

Brittnie said...

I love the picture of Saxon on top! So cute! I can't believe how big he is! And congrats on Baby #2! That is so exciting! Can't wait to hear if you're having a he or a she!

Chelsea said...

love your pics! Looks like you guys had a good time

Justina Selim said...

That's so exciting that u r prego! Congrats! That cake is so cute! Are u guys still planning on moving?