CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 4, 2009

taking care of mama

It's been a long week... I got in a car accident on Tuesday, (luckily it wasn't my fault-- a girl ran a red arrow light while I was going straight. and luckily, no one was hurt. my neck kind of hurts, but we're ok. I could go off right now forever about how frustrated I am because she is denying she did anything wrong and this is going to be a long, frustrating process---but I won't--anymore than I just did.).
Anyway, Saxon also got the flu this week, threw up all over his bed, our bed, and the living room.. but is feeling better now, thank goodness!
And then I got the flu. Hit me this morning. I'm so glad it was conference weekend and Chris could help out with Saxon! We'll see what tomorrow brings.. unfortunately, moms can't call in sick :)
BUT Saxon did the cutest thing tonight that somehow made everything all better for the moment. He wouldn't go to sleep, so we brought him to our room to lay down and cuddle and fall asleep. Well, sleep didn't happen, but he cuddled up next to me, and felt my cheek, which is hot from a fever. He said "hot" and then "i wan wipe" "i wann wipe", so i finally handed him one and he tried to wipe the hot off my face! He'd stop, then feel my cheek again, "hot", and continue to try to wipe away my fever for me.
As little and kind of silly as this sounds, it made me so happy that he wanted to take care of me.

5 comments:

Brittnie said...

That is so cute! What a good helper! PLEASE let me know if you need help with anything!

TC, Ashley said...

Oh Sara, I'm so sorry you had such a rough week. But what a cutie Saxon is. Miss seeing you guys!

Justina Selim said...

You have had some bad luck lately girl! Get better! That's so cute that he was being so sweet to u!

Keenan said...

What a cute story- that Saxon is adorable. Get feeling better soon, K!!?? It definitely can be tough that there's no calling in "sick" in the job of motherhood. :)

Clore said...

Cute little guy!!! The flu is sure going around. Justin just got over his this last weekend. NOT FUN!!! I am sorry about the accident!! I have had many close calls!