i never thought it would happen to me, but i guess i had pretty bad appendicitis. i've had these pretty bad stomach aches off and on, but then on Tuesday night, or rather Wed. morning at 2 a.m. I woke up with unbearable pain in my entire abdomen. I couldn't move--any movement made it much worse. After trying to deal with it for a while, I finally went to the E.R. with Chris (thank goodness his friend went and crashed on our couch cause Saxon was still there). After what seemed like FOREVER and crazy pain (I swear, worse than childbirth, or comparable), they gave me some morphine, and did some CAT scans and other tests, which involved things you'd probably not want to know about, and found out I had to have my appendix removed.
SO at about 9:30 a.m. I went in to surgery and, long story short--I was in the hospital (UVRMC) until today. I had a long stay (usually it's only 1 night) cause the surgeon said my appendix was super toxic and inflamed/enlarged, and was even adhered to my small intestine! So I guess they had to peel it off and then cut it off, then staple. Sorry if TMI!!
It was a hard few days in the hospital, with tons of pain and nausea. Tons of antibiotics, pain meds, anti-nausea meds, blood tests/pokes, etc!
It is SO GOOD TO BE HOME! I finally was discharged cause I was (kind of) able to keep down solid foods. I feel so much better than I did before, but still can't do much.
Chris has been incredibly amazing and tells me he really understands how much I do around the house now! He has been so awesome.
It's been hard to be away from Saxon, and I still can't lift him for a few weeks (how is that going to work??) but Chris' mom has been watching him a ton and is such a lifesaver!!
I'm so grateful for all the support from our ward with phone calls, meals, etc!
I'm so grateful to be able to look outside a big window from our couch. To be able to feel some fresh air! I picked my garden tomatoes tonight and was so happy!
But I'm especially grateful be be around Chris and Saxon more!
Saturday, August 15, 2009
my appendicitis story
Posted by Sarah F at 7:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So I ran into the Youngs at the hospital the other day and they told me what happened! I'm so sorry! We decided we should include the hospital in our ward boundaries! lol Glad you're home and doing better!
Oh I'm so sorry! I had no idea you'd be in there this long! We were out of town this weekend, or we totally would have helped out more. Do you need meals now? I could have one over tonight. We'll call ya.
Oh Sarah I am glad you got to the hospital and got everything taken care of. That sounds so painful! I am glad that you are home - and I am sure Saxon is too!
Miss you!
So sorry to hear about that. I am glad you are home. let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. Savanna and I can come down and hang out with you guys and help with Saxon! Get better soon!
Post a Comment