CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 12, 2009

how my "40 min" walk turned into a 70 min walk!

so... lately, Chris has been riding his road bike like crazy, and losing lots of weight! He's looking so great, and his leg muscles are getting freakishly huge. I think it's pretty hot :)
Anyway, I've been feeling like kind of a slacker lately because he's doing like 40 mile bike rides, and I haven't been exercising that much at all.
So! I decided to go on a walk this morning, maybe a 40 minute walk? Sure. I thought I'd tackle some of the hills where we live, below the "Y" on the mountain. I took off for my short-ish walk up those hills, and kept going. After a while, I realize that there is no way down from those neighborhoods up there, so I'm forced to keep going.
I walked about a mile of straight hills. Then had to keep going! and going! serisouly, there's no way down--until I finally popped out at the mouth of rock canyon (i came from 7 peaks area, then to Provo temple area)! Saxon had pooped half way through and was saying "i wahn out" and I realized i was way over my head! i still had to go all the way back!
So I started jogging back (not with the jogger stroller- the regular stroller!) and he luckily fell asleep!
I kept on running all the way down and actually made it home, after over 70 minutes, or around 5 miles of walking/running! And I felt GOOD!
Moral of the story: you can always go much harder and longer when exercising if you are forced to! :)

2 comments:

Brittany said...

maybe that's what I should do...haha

Keenan and Brittani Atwood said...

Nice!! You go girl! 70 minutes is a heck of a walk/run! Saxon looks so cute sleeping in his little stroller :)