CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 30, 2008

to boldly go where no other stroller has gone before...

On Saturday (june 28) we spent the day in the beautiful Uintah mountains with our friends Donovan and Crystal Washburn. The weather was fantastic and the whole day was quite the adventure!!One thing is for sure: there is a LOT of runoff from all the snow that was up there. No wonder the Provo River is raging this time of year! In some places where we hiked, it almost looked swampy! It was so great cause there were flowers everywhere and being near the water kept us cool. Oh, not to mention how beautiful all the little waterfalls were, like this one.
Taking little Saxon with us was, indeed possible. A little crazy, but possible. And I betcha no other stroller has been on this trail before! hahaa.
Through streams....

Over logs....
Over snow and slush, (yes snow, in near July) and over the wide blue yonder... We were looking for a lake to fish in, but didn't exactly take the right trail..hence the crazy stroller ride for Saxon (he was a trooper!) So when we got here (picture), where it got super steep and impossible to go any further with a stroller, we just decided that we'd start a fire and roast some hot dogs and call it good. And those hot dogs were good!
(hebrew national hot dogs are the best)
Earlier in the day, we visited upper Provo Falls. It was so beautiful and the spray from the water felt great. Saxon loved it too!
Smoochies.... haha I went to kiss him and he tried to eat my face!
Uncle Don and Saxon
Our little group at the falls... what a fun day with our friends! It's so fun when Chris and Don get together. They've been friends since they were youngins and have done many crazy things together..
You can tell they are best friends, right?
Everywhere we go, they have to climb all over everything. Little monkeys!So of course, I have to join in!
Saxon loves being outdoors, and I'm so glad cause he fits right in with Chris and I!
I'm so glad that we got outside and in nature! I always feel so refreshed when we get to connect with nature and enjoy what Heavenly Father created.

0 comments: