On December 26th at 6:58 pm, our beautiful baby, Christopher Saxon Fryer, was born and is changing our lives. Having a baby is the most amazing experience I have ever had.
This is my belly the night before he was born.. OH it was so huge.
His first cries under the heat lamp. He cried pretty hard until Daddy held his hand and started talking to him. He recognized Chris' voice cause he talked to him in the womb, so Saxon stopped crying as much when he heard his voice that night. It was awesome. Chris and I were crying at this time too, but out of amazement and joy. Finally seeing our baby, for the first time... I can't explain how amazing it felt.
About 8 pounds, eleven ounces and twenty inches-- he's a big boy! We're so glad he's a healthy boy. For how big he is, I had a pretty great labor. It only lasted about 5 hours, with just over half hour of actual pushing. The nurses were amazed how fast it went. The doctor didn't even get there on time, so I had a midwife deliver him. She ended up doing a great job and I'm glad it worked out that way cause she let Chris help deliver him and was so helpful during the labor. Chris was so calm, supportive, and perfect during the whole thing.
Although I was exhausted and shaking like crazy from the labor, holding our beautiful newborn calmed me down and gave me the most joy I've ever felt.
In the nursery to get cleaned up. He loves to hold daddy's finger with his little hand.
Grandmas! They were both there during the whole thing. They came and talked to me and calmed me down during labor, waited in the hall while I pushed, and were the first ones to hold our little one besides us. Wonderful moms to us and grandmas to Saxon!
Our hopsital room right after. Boy, I look like I just had a baby or something!
Daddy sleeping with baby in the hospital room. So special.
Grandma and Grandpa Fryer are his great grandparents! They are young to have great-grandbabies! They are wonderful to him and us.
Just before bringing him home. The sun is so bright!
I love when he yawns! So cute!
It was so nice to come home and just be with our little one. Still loving every second of it!
We've had a lot of visitors! Cousin Coen was a fun one in his cute bow tie! They'll be great friends
Tummy time on Daddy's tummy!
Saxon loves to stare at Daddy. It's so fun when he's awake to see his beautiful eyes looking around, and especially when he look into our eyes.
Mommy loves him so so so much! It's so fun to actually be a mother. It's a crazy thought that I am a mother, but it's the most wonderful thing that I've experienced so far. There's absolutely nothing better than to just spend time with my two boys, Chris and Saxon.
His umbilical cord stump fell off yesterday! It was an exciting moment. Every moment that something new happens such as this, his first smiles, his stretching and yawning, and even his poops are so exciting and marvelous.
This is my most favorite picture ever! He has been smiling a lot the last couple of days, and I'm so glad that I caught this huge one on camera! It is the most fun thing to watch him smile. This morning he woke up and after feeding, he opened his eyes and as I talked to him he kept doing little smiles at me. It made me cry it was so wonderful!This is the happiest I have ever felt in my whole life. Motherhood is truly something completely different and amazing, I can't explain it. Even though we're up a lot of the night and have to change stinky diapers, it so worth the sweet feeling that Saxon brings to our lives. It feels so sweet just to hold him and look at him. I was hesitant in the beginning to get pregnant at this time and all, but now, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
4 comments:
sarah...... i love you. I can't wait to see you. Very soon. He is a beautiful little boy. What a wonderful little family you have. I"m so happy for you. I"ll be calling tomorrow. love you
I am so happy for you guys! Saxon is adorable and I am glad that everything went so well during the pregnancy. Congratulations! :)
Sarah & Chris. What a great looking little man. I am so excited to see him get bigger, and for you both to become WONDERFUL parents. Congrats. And I can't wait to see him on Sunday.
Hi Sarah! I saw the address to your blog on Mandy's blog. I thought, who is Fryer??? I clicked on it and I am so glad I did! I am so excited for you guys! There is nothing in the world like having a baby! Soak it up while you can. IT is always great to have a baby but you never can soak it up and enjoy it as much as your first. Take lots of pictures he will grow fast. Congrats!
Post a Comment