CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

a well needed, and very well enjoyed vacation.. Washington!

Have you seen the movie "Sleepless in Seattle"? Well I think our trip should be named "Homesick-LESS in Seattle". We went on the best vacation ever and didn't want to leave! Here is a somewhat long but lovely post about our trip to Seattle and Chelan...
We stayed in Seattle for a few day's at Dan's parent's house. They live in a very beautiful, charming neighborhood. It was so nice! plus they had a sweet theatre room in the basement. I fell in love with Seattle the first day we were there. Even before we went on the boat ride--which sealed the deal. We got to see Seattle by boat, what a treat! We started on Lake Washington and then went through a channel to Lake Union, where we could see downtown Seattle, space needle and all.there were some amazing bridges to be seen! and many awesome houses that were right on the water.saxon crashed (asleep) on the boat so we got to enjoy the boat ride together! so nice.
Later, we went to Pike's Place right in Seattle. You might know it as the famous place where they throw and catch fish. It was a way cool place to visit. Totally a Seattle thing to do, I hear, and we loved the experience. After this, Dan's (awesome!) Dad took us to Ivar's and we ate the best seafood I have ever had! while overlooking the water of the Puget Sound. Saxon had so much fun seeing all the fun things from the stroller.don't you love saxon's smile in this one?Seattle in it's glory..
On our way to Lake Chelan, we stopped about in the middle of the 3 hour drive there and went on an amazing hike, Wallace Falls. It was so beautiful! While we were up there in the forest and greenery, I thought "this is my heaven". I love hikes and the mountains, and I especially loved this hike.Chris embraced the waters of life! Well, one of the waterfalls. He said it felt great! I bet it did after hauling Saxon all the way up :)
The Wonderful Chelan...where we spent most of the vacation and loved every minute of it.
This is the Fairbank's house at Lake Chelan.. the most beautiful, clear lake I have ever seen! We spent most of our vacation here, and it was heavenly! We LOVED it. This gives you an idea of just how close their house is to the water. It was so fun to go swimming and jump off the diving board on the dock, and have easy access to the jet skis!saxon wasn't sure about the boat for a few days, but ended up having fun on it! especially when Hannah came (background). He loved Hannah! She's Dan's little sister and was so great with Saxon. Saxon was soo good the whole trip. I think he loved it as much as we did.We had so much fun wakeboarding, and Chris got to try wakesurfing (not pictured). It had been around 3 years since we'd been wakeboarding, so we really enjoyed it. me, lovin it.Dan is actually an awesome wakeboarder! My camera died before I could get some pics of his sweet Tantrums (like backflips).
Although we didn't want to leave (and actually stayed a couple extra days), it was nice to get back home to Provo (especially after the 14 hr. drive)... we'll just have to go back there soon. hopefully!
Thankfully, the Surf N Slurp ran great without us, thanks to our amazing 16-yr-old manager Madelein. It was nice to get away and have everything taken care of.
This trip wouldn't have been possible without Dan's parents, who totally took care of us in every way. I want to be like them when we "grow up". :)

7 comments:

Katie Smith said...

I'm glad you guys loved the NW so much. It is, hands down, the most beautiful country around! That is some pretty good air you got goin' on the wakeboard! I've told you that Mike and I LOVE to wakeboard, right? We have everything we need (we each have our own boards and jackets), we just don't have to boat...someday. :)

Keenan and Brittani Atwood said...

What a fun vacation! It looks like you guys had a blast!! Can't wait to see you on Sunday!

Lindsay said...

WOW I am so jealous, It looks and sounds like it was a total blast! I would love to go visit there. It is on my top10 places i want to visit before I die! glad you had a great time!

Brittany said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love Pikes Place and Ivars. And that looked like a really pretty area.

Clore said...

vacations are always needed!!! I miss that place!!!! Next time take me with you:-)

Justina Selim said...

Your trip looks like so much fun! Seattle looks amazing! I would love to visit someday!

The Gardners! said...

YOU MAKE ME WANT TO GO THERE NOW. I LOVE THAT PICTURE OF THERE HOUSE IT LOOKS LIKE IT BELONGS IN BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS. P.S. WE LOVED THE VIDEO I CRIED IT WAS SO GOOD. THANK YOU GUYS